Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, May 10, 2010

Choy, Choy, Choy!

This rainy afternoon probably wasn't the most ideal time to venture out, but since I must return to work tomorrow, and since Whitney had to deliver and pick up some work in Athens, I decided to ride along.  We had a couple of other errands to run as well, so we decided we'd stick it out as long as we could and then come on home.  The stickin-it-out part got rather noisy at times, as the munchkins had little spells of... shall we say... uncooperative nature?  Oh let's just go ahead and say it... they had little episodes of Turbo-Turd attacks.  On the way home, they vascilated between moments of angelic sweetness and ... well total turdism.  During one of her sweeter moments, Leyland decided to serenade us with some of the songs she has learned at school.  Honestly, she surprises me continuously with the new things she learned.  Remember in Sunday School when we learned the song "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart (where?) down in my heart, (where?) down in my heart" etc.  Well, Leyland was singing that song.  Only she doesn't say her "j" sounds perfectly yet.  They're sprinkled with a little of the "ch" sound.  So her version came out like:
I've got the choy, choy, choy, choy down in my heart (where?)  etc.   Then on the little reprise, she says "And I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Chesus in my heart, down in my heart"  etc.  So stinkin cute!!!   But what nearly made Whitney run off the road, and me break open my incisions was her rendition of the second verse:   "And if the debbil doesn't like it he can sit on a dyke, (ouch!) sit on a dyke (ouch!) (repeat).  Oh my goodness.  If you don't happen to know the words, it should be... "And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack (ouch!)" But no.  The DEBBIL can sit on a DYKE!!!!  Now isn't that just hilarious?  And Corey was just a-gigglin his little self silly.  So Greemaw says it was worth all the Turbo-Turd episodes to hear her singing in the backseat on the way home.  My precious grandchildren bring me such CHOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment