Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kaboom!

Another 4th of July has come and gone. It was great day for our family. Instead of sleeping in, I got up fairly early and went to DJs for breakfast. One of my favorite things to do is sit on her back deck and drink coffee in the cool of morning. We had a nice long visit (nearly three hours!) Later we took Corey to GiGi's, then took the girls swimming over at Mama Jo's. We had no idea Mary could swim, but she was like a little fish in the water! Leyland loved the water and laughed and splashed until she just wore herself out. As soon as her dad put her in the play pen, she was sound asleep. We all took a nice nap then got ready for the evening. After pizza for dinner, we took the kids by to see Nany and Pawpoo. Nany wanted to keep Corey while we went to the fireworks, so the Little Man got to spend time with both sets of great-grandparents today. He was a very good boy! Whitney, Mary, Leyland and I made our way over to my office parking lot for an almost-front-row seat for the fireworks at Bishop Park. I was afraid the loud noise would frighten Leyland, but she really got into it and loved it. There was a family next to us who watched her more than the fireworks... she was so cute, jumping up and down, pointing, dancing, squealing. It was priceless. Everyone was exhausted when we returned home, and we all went to bed tired and happy. Here are a few photos and a short video.Above- Leyland taking lessons from Big Sister Mary on how to properly toss poppers to the ground for the maximum POP!

Below- Waiting patiently (??) for the fireworks to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment