Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My New Chair!

Since moving into my room, and realizing just how big it really is, I decided to purchase a sofa, loveseat or recliner of some sort, and have a little "sitting area", if you will. As such, I've been browsing around at different places, trying to find the perfect piece. You know the one... that just-right item that calls your name. You just know it when you see it (or hear it!). I had set a limit for how much I wanted to spend, but quickly learned that I would be cutting it awful close, as furniture has gotten a bit more expensive since my last purchase. I had heard about those "snuggle chairs", which is basically a wide-butt version of a recliner. (I can totally see me snuggling with the grandbabies, but two adults might be a pretty tight squeeze.) I believe the proper name for them is chair-and-a-half, or double recliner. Late in the week, after having perused most of the furniture stores in my area, I remembered one last store. I wandered about aimlessly for a bit, saw some "snuggle chairs" near the back of the store, but walked on by them, as I was pretty tired and ready to get off my feet. Then I thought... what better time to try out a comfy chair, than when I'm tired and ready to take a load off?? Let me just say: I wanted to stay in the chair forever. Honestly. This is the most comfy chair I've ever sat in. It lays back totally flat. And I can even curl up and lay down on my side without even reclining it. Still relatively early in my search, though, I thought I'd look around some more before making a decision. Friday morning, my mom and I had a lovely breakfast, ran some errands, and looked around a bit more. Nothing. Even cupping my hand around my ear, I just didn't hear anything calling my name. I couldn't get that big old fat comfy chair out of my mind, even though I knew I could buy a whole big sofa for a few dollars more. This afternoon, I decided to check around in Winder and go on to Buford to see if anything would call out to me. Imagine my surprise to find my big comfy chair at a store in Winder, for $50.00 less!! There was no denying it-- It was calling my name. Singing my name. Shouting my name. I bought it! They had to order the color I wanted, so I didn't get to bring it home with me today. It should be here in seven to ten days. I can't wait to get it! I may never leave my room again. Here's a picture I found on the internet. This is the color I'm getting. I think it will be a great addition to my room.
Doncha just wanna come over and sit in it??

No comments:

Post a Comment