Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Fangs At The 409

The vampire population in my neighborhood was dealt a hard blow last night.  DJ and I had dinner at Provino's.  Our homes are within hollering distance of each other.  I can see her house and she can see mine.  Believe me when I say there were no fangs on our street last night, and the coast will probably be clear throughout the day as well.  My Twighlight-fan friends might be disappointed in this fact, but having no particular fondness for vampires my ownself, I rather think it's a good thing.  My only experience with vampires was in my much younger days when Dark Shadows both thrilled me and scared me out of my britches.  I remember vividly one afternoon my mom was torturing me with those bristly-brush hair rollers.  We had just received word that my great aunt had passed away, and I was feeling a bit teary.  My little brother, who was maybe 6 or 7 at the time, was upset that I was crying.  Ever the comforter to his big sister, he came over, patted my shoulder and said, "Don't worry, Cat.  She'll come back to life, just like they do on Dark Shadows!"  Needless to say, my mom put a stop to that TV show in our house from that moment on.  (But she probably never knew that we sneaked up to Mama Nay's and watched it anyway!)  Do vampires exist?  I don't know.  It's kind of like ghosts.  I'm not going to say they do not exist.... because if they DO, well then, I don't want them showing up at my house just to prove they DO exist!  I'm not a superstitious person.  For all the mirrors I've broken and ladders I've walked under, sidewalk cracks I've stepped on... I'd be doomed for bad luck throughout eternity.  But then again, I'm not going to press my luck with Things That Go Bump In The Night.  At any rate, with all the garlic DJ and I consumed last night, I'd say we're safe from the vampire persuasion for at least another day or so.  We were more than happy to do our part to keep our neighborhood safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment