Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fairy Tales


My daddy always said – “Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.”  While that might give hope to someone who is wishing very badly for something, what it really means is that the road to getting what you wish for is sometimes paved with heartache, tragedy, or detours that are difficult or impossible to navigate.  Often there are circumstances over which we have no control that determine our destiny.  Sometimes the circumstances are positive, and everything turns out just fine.  Other times – not so much. 

They’re called fairy tales for a reason.  Happily Ever After for some folks lasts forever.  For others, it ends far too soon.

The clock has struck midnight.  The beautiful carriage has turned into a pumpkin, and the elegant coachmen back into mice.  The glass slipper has shattered, and the lovely ball gown has turned back into rags.  Prince Charming is a toad.  Cinderella has left the ball.  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see this until today. Sorry. Thinking about you and hope you're doing okay...

    ReplyDelete