Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

State Of The Union Address

Personally, I have no problem staying awake during these speeches. I rather enjoy watching them. There are some, however, who would rather pass a kidney stone than suffer through them. It is easy to get distracted, what with all the standing ovations, and the random heckling (or truth-telling, if ya ask me). For some, it becomes a project: Count how many SOs there are during the speech. Or to change it up a bit, count how many times the left side stands, how many times the right side stands, and the rare occasion when both sides stand. We need to watch, folks. We need to bear witness to the words spoken by our President. Agree with it if you must, or disagree. But you should watch it yourself, and not get your information from the morning radio show, or in the break room at work, or some out-of-context YouTube video. Go on ahead and suffer through it. Now, for those of you who fall into the "rather-pass-a-kidney-stone-than-watch" group, here's a little challenge for you. Print the BINGO card below, pay attention, and see how many blocks you can fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment