Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Weekend

Busy weekend at The 409. We did score some bargains for Mary for school, but nothing like we did last year. Yesterday we partied with Peyton to celebrate her 3rd birthday. It was lots of fun, and Peyton was really cute. I always love being with the Bennett family. The children were tuckered out and went to bed fairly early, with fairly good cooperation. Whitney and I had steak and veggie kabobs on the grill for dinner. .....Sigh..... I don't know why I even bother to try. The meat was too brown for my liking. I should have known better. There's only one person, in my opinion, who can cook a perfect piece of meat, and that's David. One of these days I'll learn to save a poor slab of meat an unhappy ending, and stop buying it. Oh well. The salad, 'taters and grilled veggies were good. There are plenty of leftovers too. The house is a mess, as we've been trying to organize, separate and purge clothing for all three children. The drawers to Leyland's dresser are stacked in my room, partially child-proofed with those drawer-latch thingies. We have a little more work to do with that project. Leyland loves to play 'dress-up' in her own clothes, and no matter how neatly you fold them and put them away, she will open the drawers and strew them about her room. Thus the drawer-latch project. Thus the reason the clothes are also stacked in my room. With the drawers. The ironing board is still standing from the mad dash this morning to get the girls' dresses pressed before church. There's a giant empty box on my (unmade!) bed, waiting to be put in the attic. I do so dislike trying to work amid such untidy chaos, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. Hopefully Whitney can get everyone down for a nap and come in here and work on the clothes-sorting-purging project while I am working.

Children sure do say the funniest things, don't they? On the way to church this morning, Mary was holding my Bible. She said, "Grandma, what's with all these yellow marks in your Bible?" I exaplained to her that those were my favorite parts... the verses that I like very much. She thought for a minute and said.... "Wow. There's sure a lot of it that you DON'T like, isn't there!!" Such a funny little girl, that Mary.

Now it's off to get my work-week started. Be careful driving next week! School is starting in many counties this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment