Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Busy Weekend Indeed

After a very emotional week, it was great to have a busy, but fun weekend.  Friday was all about Mr. Corey and Greemaw.  Whitney, GiGi and Leyland took a little trip to the hospital to fix three of her poor little piggies with chronic ingrown toenails.   After the carpet-cleaning fellas left, Corey and I left the house with a long list of places to go and things to do.  The carpet would be too damp most of the day for us to be at home anyway.  Normally I dread undertaking major errands with the kids, because invariably one of them, or both of them get a bit fretful before we're finished, and then Greemaw gets fretful, and sometimes it's not a pretty picture.  So I was a little worried as to how The Little Man would make out with all that we had to do.  I am delighted to report that we had a fabulous day together!  He was absolutely perfect, and didn't give me one minute of trouble.  It was a special time, since I've never had him to myself the whole day.  When Leyland was younger, we used to have Greemaw/Leyland days quite often, and we'd have sleepovers, and she'd go to church with me.  I've never had that with Corey.  I guess the second child/grandchild gets cheated out of special alone-time that the firstborn enjoys.  I really enjoyed the alone time with him.  I think he enjoyed it too, because for several hours afterwards, he cried every time I would leave him.  He wanted his Greemaw.  How sweet.  Later that evening, I met Rick and Sharee and some of their friends at 37 Main in Buford to hear Michael play.  And you know I can't go to Buford without stopping in at Archiver's.  It was nice to ramble around in the store without being in a rush and pick up some new ideas.  Buford is quite the night spot these days, and there were lots of folks downtown on Friday night.  By the time Departure was ready to play, it was well past my bedtime, and old fuddy-duddy that I am, I was already yawning.  I pretty much have to force myself to go "out" these days... I'm much happier at home in my jammies watching TV or messing around on the computer.  Or usually a combination of both.  Such a nerd.  But on the occasion that I do go "out", I really enjoy it, and as always the band was rockin' the night.  I love to listen to them play... and people-watch.  We laughed and laughed at one gal who wanted so desperately for her husband to dance with her.  She would have been the karaoke queen, and she knew the words to every single song, and performed it like she was Brian on the stage.  Her poor husband was such a stiff that he could barely even tap his foot to the beat, and though he didn't seem bothered by her over-zealous enjoyment of the music, he was not moved at all to join in.  It was hilarious.  It was a fun night out, and I got to spend a little time with Linda and her daughter Tricia.  I gave them a ride home, since it would be several more hours before Michael would be able to leave.  Thankfully it was a Friday night, because it was nearly 2 a.m. when I got home.  My late-night-party-days have long since been over, and even though I'm an insomniac and often don't go to sleep til after 2 a.m., it's a little different from just coming in at that time of morning.  Saturday I totally slept in until noon.  What a luxury!!  Though my to-do list was just as long as Friday's, I indulged in a little extra shut-eye, and it was marvelous.  Most of the day was spent shopping for the egg hunt at church on Saturday, shopping for groceries, checking prices for party items for Corey's birthday party.  Pretty much stayed in the road all day.  Next thing I know the weekend is gone, and it's time for the work week to begin again.  Church on Sunday morning, work by 12:30, and it's off and running.  It's over in a flash.   Looking forward to Mary coming this weekend for Easter.  A few weeks ago I found matching dresses for the girls.  Not super frilly or fancy this year, but they'll look like little dolls in their matching outfits. 

I'm sending a shout-out to a crafting company that I discovered over the weekend.  It's called Ellen Hutson, LLC. They sell rubber stamps and other crafting supplies as well.  I ordered a stamp on Sunday, paid for it with PayPal, only to find at my next visit to the website that they carry another item I've been searching for and can't find in stores.  I placed the second order, again paying with PayPal. I thought I'd give it a shot to contact them and see if they would combine the orders so I wouldn't have to pay two shipping fees.  I didn't really expect to hear anything back from them at all. Much to my delight and surprise, today I found a very nice e-mail from them, thanking me for my business, and stating that they would indeed combine the order and refund the shipping charges.  Just a few minutes later, an e-mail from PayPayl arrived notifying me of the refund.  Now THAT's what I call exceptional customer service!!!  And the personal note was the cherry on top.  So if you have crafting needs and like to shop online, I'd recommend this company to you.  They are first rate!! Check them out here:  http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/StoreFront

I have pictures from our photo shoot with Jessie last weekend of the kids with live bunnies.  Correction - Corey with the live bunnies.  Miss Leyland would have no part of it.  I'm having trouble uploading the images, but I'll try to figure it out and get them posted this week.  Check back later... you won't want to miss them.  Absolutely precious.  Hats off to Jessie for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment