Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Sunday, June 13, 2010

When You Pray For A Soldier


I love scrapbooking.  I love internet message boards.  I love blogging.  Through the message boards on a scrapbook website that I enjoy, I *met* an awesome lady from Washington State.  Her name is Noel, and she has two beautiful daughters.  Noel is a photographer, scrapbooker, and designer for several craft companies.  It's strange, sometimes, how you feel like you can really get to know a person by following message board posts, blogs, e-mails, and Facebook chats.  I won a contest she sponsored last summer, and enjoyed a few personal e-mails at that time.  Her husband, Stan, is in the Navy and does something with planes.  Flight instructor, flight safety something-or-other, I'm not sure just what he does.  He has been deployed several times since I have *known* her, and it is always heart-wrenching for her cyberspace friends when he has to leave.  I don't remember exactly the date of his latest deployment, I'm thinking about nine or ten months ago.  A lifetime ago to his wife and children, I'm sure.  Anyway, when she asked for prayers at the time of his last deployment, I added him to the list of military personnel that are listed each week in my church bulletin. 

I was so happy to let them know last Sunday that his name could be removed (not that we still won't be praying for Stan, but now he is out of the *Hot Zone*), as he was scheduled to come home this past week.  Just last night I was able to take a few minutes and look at Noel's FB photo album of that day.  I was very moved by her photos.  Here are a couple that had me sniffling. 




I don't know about you, but this is what it's all about when I pray for a soldier.  Staying safe, getting the job done, and returning home to his/her family.  Thank you, God, for bringing Stan safely home to his wife and daughters. And thank you, Stan, for not only your service, but for the price you (and your family) pay every moment that you are away from those who love you.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you God for such a careing neice. You are truly a beautiful person, inside and out.I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Peg! I love you too! Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so so much cathy. your prayers mean so much to our family & to the other service members at home and abroad. God is good!
    much love!
    noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how beautiful is that!!!

    ReplyDelete