Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tin Roof! Rusted!

If you see a painted sign by the side of the road that says 15 miles to the ....

Oh wait.  Not THAT tin roof!! It's not the Love Shack, it's MY tin roof!  And it's not rusted either.  It's brand-spankin new!  Last summer during one of our stormy afternoons, many houses on my street were damaged by hail.  I didn't think that much about it, since there were no signs of leaks anywhere.  However, David convinced me that I needed to have it checked out.  Sure enough, there was some damage.  And sure enough, after an exceptionally hard rain there were a few tell-tale water spots on the ceiling in the master bedroom.  The insurance company came out a while back, assessed the damage and wrote a check on the spot.  There were all kinds of things like deductibles, depreciation, replacement value, blah blah blah... and I stuck the check in my desk drawer to worry with it another day.  Another day began bright and early Monday morning. I'm happy to report that the hammers, snips and power screwdrivers will soon be quieted, and The 409 will be covered in a beautiful, dark green, metal roof.  It's not really tin, and it won't ever rust, but I can't help but think of the B52s every time I see a "tin" roof.  My own little Love Shack.  Haha!!! 

It's great to have another project out of the way (especially one I didn't have to pay for out of my own pockets!!) 

Come by and check out my new roof.  There are quite a few "Love Shacks" on my street now, thanks to the battering of last summer's hail storm.  If it hails this summer, we'll probably need earplugs. 

The whole shack shimmies,
When everybody's movin' around, and around, and around..
Everybody's movin', everybody's groovin', baby!Funky little shack... Funk-y little shack

B52s.  What a fun song!!  Lovin' my new "tin" roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment