Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All That Agony....

And no definitive answer. I transcribed my sleep study last night, and the physician said my study was a "challenging" titration for several reasons, including the fact that my sleep was very fragmented, but also the fact that the oxyhemoglobin probe was not functioning for the major portion of the study. At the highest tested pressure of 10 cm water, I was only asleep for 10 minutes, during which there was no REM sleep. (REM sleep is usually the time that the events are the worst, and titration results are best obtained in REM.) In the Recommendations section, he said that should I have difficulties with control of the sleep-disordered breathing at 10 cm, repeat CPAP titration vs home aut0-CPAP titration should be considered.

Can I just say grrrrrrrr?!?!?!?!?

My follow-up appointment with the doctor is next Friday, the 26th. Hopefully I'll move forward with the CPAP, and get some reassurance that, despite the suboptimal results of the titration, we'll be able to tame this beast.
Other than that, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I'm counting my blessings! Please continue to remember Delores, who returns to Texas next week for an exciting new (for her) chemotherapy regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment