Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Corey Turns One!!

It's hard to believe that a year has passed since Corey joined our family! Where does the time go? I remember the initial disappointment I felt when we found out he was a boy. I had hoped for another girl. It had been 23 years since we had a little boy on my side of the family, and on the Bennett side it had been 45 years! Whatever would we do with a noisy, smelly, rambunctious little boy who would play with bugs, want to go fishin' and play football? We had been buying hairbows, lacy socks and girly girl things for two generations. Thankfully, however, it didn't take me long to become accustomed to the idea, and soon I began shopping for those cute little boy clothes. There really are some cute little boy things to be had, and I was starting to get excited about trucks, cars, dinasaurs, baseball caps and even the thought of going fishing with the little fellow. By the time he arrived, Whitney and I had decided that having a boy was probably the best thing anyway... that way we wouldn't be forced to compare two little girls... after all... nothing could compare to Leyland!! So we were delighted with our new little bundle of blue, who stole our hearts with his first breath. (The bugs, the fishing, and the sports stuff is yet to come, but I know it will be just as much fun as playing with baby dolls, dress-up, and watching princess movies.)

You may remember that Whitney and her best friend Jessica both delivered their sweet baby boys on the same day. Corey and Corbin have been best buds since then. The girls decided to have a joint birthday party to celebrate the first birthday. The plan was to have Corbin's guests arrive at 2:00, and let him open his gifts. Corey's guests were invited to arrive at 3:00, at which time we would all have cake, ice cream and refreshments together, then Corey would open his gifts. It was the perfect plan... except there was a little "intermission" time between when Corbin finished opening his packages and the time Corey's guests arrived. At last, it was time to sing Happy Birthday and let the boys dig into their cakes for the obligatory 1st Birthday Cake Mess, and the photo ops that such a mess would provide. Corbin enjoyed mutilating and eating his little personal cake, but Corey didn't much care for it. He was pretty tired by then, and starting to fret a bit. He rallied though, enough to enjoy opening his gifts. It was a lovely day, albeit one that left us weary, and happy to have survived the festivities. I've attached a few pictures for your enjoyment. (Sometimes you can click to enlarge.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY COREY & CORBIN! I love you boys!







No comments:

Post a Comment