Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Friday- A Big Day!

I'm looking to have a pretty big day on Friday. First and foremost, I'll be going out Friday evening to enjoy the awesome sound of Departure at Wild Bill's. I'm working Saturday, so it's doubtful that I'll get to stay and see the entire show. That's too bad... I just love the encore part! Normally I don't work on Saturdays any more, but it worked out beautifully for my co-worker, Jeneine, and I to swap days so that I could be off the Sunday of Corey's birthday, and she has a family reunion on Saturday. Talk about a win-win!! That's a really great thing about my job. There's usually always someone willing to cover or swap schedules when someone needs or wants to be off. Sorry. Off topic there. Just had to give a shout-out to those co-workers so willing to be flexible! Back to Friday. So, I'm going to hear the band. Hopefully some friends will be able to join me, and it will be a nice change from my routine.

Another exciting thing about Friday is that I have an appointment to get fitted for my CPAP! I thought I had to wait another two weeks, after my appointment with the doctor, but the DME office called yesterday, and I'm scheduled to go in Friday morning. Yipeee! (or maybe Uh Oh!... I'm not sure whether to look forward to this thing or to dread it. The more I look at pictures of these things, the more apprehensive I become. However, for the time being, I'm going to be optimistic and look forward to it. I don't know if mine will look like the one pictured here or not. I'm really hoping to get one that doesn't have a thing between my eyes. That would interfere greately with the late-night watching of Nightline and Jimmy Kimmel.) Dare I hope that the contraption will facilitate a healthy night's sleep? Is it possible to actually wake up in the morning without a headache? Do you think perhaps my memory/forgetfulness will improve? Tune in later for my personal review of the experience.
Today the major task at hand is to seek and destroy two tiny little winged creatures that are practicing their stunt routines in my work space. I am freshly showered, and there are no fermenting food particles on my desk, so I'm not certain why they are buzzing about, how they got in here, or why they insist on coming so close to my face. A person looking through my window might think I have gone mad... for all the slapping at my own face, and batting unseen (to them) objects in mid air.
AHA! There! I got one! One down, one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment