Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yesterday (Saturday, June 27) was my dad's birthday. I forgot to call him. :-( We had a little cookout at his house on Thursday night to celebrate Father's Day and his birthday. Michael came down, Whitney and the kids and I went over for a nice evening of burgers and dogs and some good old family time. My dad is one of those dads who can do anything. Well, maybe not ANYthing any more... it's hard to realize that he is 78 years old, so physically he isn't able to hold out as long as he once could. He's a jack-of-all-trades, an amazing craftsman, and a most wonderful family man. He loves his kids, his grandkids, and absolutely dotes on his great grandkids. He and my mom just love to have them visit. Kinda keeps 'em young, I think. Up until the digital electronic age came along, there was hardly anything we could break or mess up that he couldn't fix. He loves tinkering around with things, fixing things, creating things, and building things. His current project is building a Model T (or maybe a Model A... I don't remember) car from scratch. He is having the time of his life building this car. He's hoping to have it ready by the end of August for the Sunflower Festival in town. Stop by and see him if you make it to the festival.

He is an incredible man, and I'm so lucky to have him for a father. I suppose somewhere in the recesses of my mind, since we celebrated on Thursday night, I just thought that his birthday was over. I was a busy girl this weekend playing in MK and MNs craft room working on a gift album, and I honestly didn't even think about it. I was so focused on "getting away", that I just plain, flat out forgot that it was his birthday. I'm so sorry, Dad!! I know you had a busy weekend too... and I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday! I love you very much!!!
Thanks for all you do for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment