Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, October 20, 2008

Calling In Sick

Man, I hate to call in sick to work. Doesn't matter how badly I feel, and I feel rotten today, I still hate it. My boss usually isn't pleased about it either. Not just for me, but whenever anyone is out sick, he doesn't like it. I don't like it either. If I'm not at work, I'd rather it be a vacation day- not a day that I don't feel like doing anything. All that aside, today was one of those days. I've been nursing a sinus cold for almost two weeks, but thought I was much better. I woke up around 4 this morning with my head throbbing, my sinuses pouring and in general feeling bad all over. To make things worse, around 10:30 last night Whitney discovered that Leyland was burning up with fever (103.5) and having shaking chills. She had been fine all evening. She was feverish all night and again this morning. Corey has a stuffy nose and has been irritable, and Whitney isn't feeling well either. So, it has been a REALLY FUN day here at our house. Leyland went to the doctor this afternoon, and she has a red, tender throat, (Rapid-Strep negative, thank goodness!), but she has the virus that causes conjunctivitis (or chunkyvitis, as Whitney used to call it), and her eye is starting to "pink" up. He prescribed eye drops for that, but the viral thing will just have to run its course, and he told Whitney to expect the fever to go up again. She's just now home from the doctor and already starting to warm up. Poor bunny. It's almost time for my evening shift at the hospital, and I'm really dreading it. What I'd like more than anything this evening is a nice cup of hot chocolate, a darkened room and my comfy bed. Oh and my miracle bottle of Afrin.

1 comment: