Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, October 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!!!

Well time sure flies. Just ask my cousin Sharon, who today turns fifty-something. (I won't say her exact age, but she is two years older than me!) I have many stories to write about growing up with my cousins, so be sure to tune in later to catch the scoop. Our version of being a kid in the late 50s, 60s and 70s. I've got some good ones!!

In the meantime, it's Monday again, which means it's my longest work day of the week, so time doesn't permit me to write much tonight.

As for my trip to Athens yesterday to purchase a new transcriber- well that was a bust- the Office Max where I have always got them no longer carries them. At all. That meant I had to call around to find one. Fortunately, Staples in Buford at MOG had one in stock, and agreed to hold it for me. After visiting with mom and dad at the hospital for a while, I trekked off to Buford to buy my desperately-needed equipment. (Dad came home today and is doing fine. Will follow up with Dr. West in December.) Now some of you, my crafty friends, will realize that Staples is like two doors down from.... ARCHIVER'S... and it would have indeed been a travesty to be so close and not go in for a look-see. All I can say is OUCH. Good thing I put in a little extra time at the hospital yesterday morning to cover my spending spree. But, I anticipate gorgeous Christmas cards, and I found a gadget that I've had on my wish list-- and I ran across a mini-version (less expensive too!) that was even better than what I thought I wanted. So, the afternoon turned out better than I expected it would. And my new transcriber worked so well that I got all my Dr. F. dictation done too!! Now it's back to the hospital computer and let's get this evening over with. Happy Monday everyone- and Happy Birthday Sharon!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment