Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Good Week So Far!

Ahhh… my week of culinary delight continues… Birthday dinner at my mom’s last night was not very carb-counter-friendly, but I didn’t do so badly. A family favorite- hot smoke links, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Can you say YUM-YUM!!! I warned my mom that she needed to buy lots of smoke links in order to avoid a fork-fight. I wasn’t in the mood to be extracting metal objects from the fingers of my loved ones. Thankfully there were plenty to go around and no fork-fighting ensued… though we came close when it was time to divide the spoils and fix doggie bags. After dinner we enjoyed some chill time, and Leyland adopted Ryan to be her Pal For The Night. It was a really nice evening. We were missing Linda and Tori, but all the rest of the gang was there. Making it an even more wonderful evening was the surprise waiting for me at home. My daughter had cleaned my kitchen! I mean CLEANED my kitchen! There’s actually a small countertop beside my fridge! It’s been a while since I’ve seen it. Not only that, she baked the birthday cake for desert, using the old can-of-Sprite-trick, so it wasn’t so fat-and-calorie-laden. She was a busy bee yesterday, even with two little ones underfoot. Thanks, Whit!!!! Tonight Grey’s Anatomy comes on TV, and I’ll get some laundry put away. It has been a good week so far. Wonder what’s for dinner tonight….

No comments:

Post a Comment