Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch


Scrapbook pages of children in pumpkin patches are some of my favorites. This year I decided we would have some of those pages in our books. Saturday afternoon, Whitney and Dustin took the babies to the Pumpkin Patch in Watkinsville. Miss Leyland was in a rebellious mood and refused to pose for pictures (except for one, which was worth the wait, it’s so cute!), so we have lots of action shots of her. Corey was strapped to his mommy’s chest in the Snugli, so we don’t have many shots of him. The folks over at the pumpkin patch have got a really good thing going on. For $8.00 a head (no charge for the kidlets), you can pet some farm animals, let the kids roam through a hay-bale-maze, slide down a really big slide (Dustin wouldn’t let Leyland do that), and play in a ball pit- only instead of balls, it’s dried up corn kernels. (Whitney had to stand guard very carefully- we didn’t want any nose-stuffing going on in the corn pit!) There’s also a 30-minute hay ride. They had a really good time, and came home with enough pictures, I think, to do a nice layout. We also hope to get up to Hoschton to see the scarecrows and maybe have some photo ops there. The folks who bought Ms. Grace Roberds’ house have a nice pumpkin/scarecrow display in their yard. Maybe we’ll stop by and ask of we can photograph the babies in their yard. I am GOING to have those layouts! In the meantime, here’s a few pics of the Pumpkin Patch trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment