Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hooray For The Weekend!

And the chance to enjoy it! I have completed my first week on the new job, and it went very well. The super best part about it? Having yesterday and today (Friday and Saturday) off!! I went back to Dr. M's office yesterday to run some year-end reports, and to work with Cortney on some collections tasks. I'll have to go back next Friday and hopefully finish up with that project. After that, I went to Lowe's to pick out carpet for the Carport Makeover. Then, to my delight, I was able to join Mom, Dad, Aunt Peg & Uncle Billy for dinner! They have a standing date on Friday evenings, and they either dine (graze!) in Winder or Loganville. This week it was Winder, so I was able to join them. After dinner, I had a nice, long nap on the sofa in mom & dad's office. What a great day! Today I have already done some cleaning outside on the carport, and met with the contractor to finalize some plans. As soon as the weather breaks, he'll get started, and thinks he can be finished in a couple of weeks. Daggum it- we have needed rain for months/years now, with no drop in sight, but it looks like we're up for rain three out of the next four days. At any rate, the project will begin soon, and there is hope for getting our home back to some semblance of normalcy. For the rest of today, I'm going to work in my room and my bathroom. But first I think I shall take myself a little nap. Working five days a week instead of seven feels like I have hit the mother lode of lottery. I know from Whom my blessings flow, though, and say Thanks Be to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment