Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, November 3, 2008

The Great Linen Closet Mystery

Mondays at the office are usually pretty busy. We see patients all day on Friday, so I normally have a large stack of charts for dictation on Monday mornings. I was expecting another busy day, but was surprised to find his satchel empty this morning. Then I remembered... not only was I off on Friday, he was off as well, so there were no patients- thus no charts for dictation!! I actually ended up busier than normal, though, because I got in Super Collection Mode and worked all day long on end-of-month collections reports and getting the mammoth pile of collections charts in order and organized for further processing. Yay!! Tonight's STMH work was pretty steady too, and I'm just now winding down for bed. Well, as soon as I clear off a place on my bed. Looks like I have quite a bit of clean laundry to be folded.

And speaking of clean laundry on my bed- that reminds me of a conversation I had last night with my mom. She asked me if I rearranged Aunt Joyce's linen closet while we were at the beach. (I did.) Apparently when my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Gene arrived at the condo a few days ago, upon going to the linen closet, my aunt was stunned to find her closet very neatly arranged, with all the solid folds facing in the same direction, all the hand towels on one shelf, bath towels on another, etc. Very pleasing to the eye, if I do say so myself. My Uncle Ricky called her one day this week and she asked him if Sheree got bored while they were there (they went over after I did) and rearranged the closet. He told her it wasn't Sheree. Joyce said "Well, it must have been Cat", to which my dear Uncle Ricky responded "*&$%! no, it wasn't Cat. She takes her towels out of the dryer and throws them on her bed" What???? (My mom was telling me about these conversations) I asked my why Uncle Ricky would say such a thing about me. She said "Honey, he has seen your house!" Well. I guess there's not too much defense to that (at least at the moment). But I did remind her that my own personal linen closet is an OCD-worthy example of tidiness. It's a 3 x 3 x 9 foot example of organizational skills at its best. And most definitely the neatest room in my house. It's part of my control-freak personality. It's the one place in my house that I can keep neat. It has a calming effect on me to open that little door and see my tattered little washrags and towels all folded to exact dimensions, edges hidden from view, stacked symmetrically according to thickness or fluffiness (or lack thereof). I did call my Aunt Joyce at the beach in order to solve the mystery. She was delighted that I had utilized my skills in her little closet at the beach, and said she was motivated to go home and organize her linen closet at home. Once I got off the phone with her, I called up Mr. Uncle Ricky Smarty Pants and left a message on his phone, inviting him to feel free to come to my house at any time, bulldoze his way through my kitchen and living room, through all the various and sundry articles of dissaray that give my home that lived-in look, and go into my bathroom and check out my linen closet. Though I do hope he will wait a day or two before he comes over. Right now there are several piles of sorted laundry in the floor just waiting their turn in the washing machine. I'm not sure he would be able to open the door right this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment