Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And The Fat Lady Sang

And I'm not talking about me. The election process was completed yesterday, and I am happy that Saxby Chambliss was the winner of the senatorial seat from Georgia. Here again, I'm not absolutely crazy about him, but I sure didn't like that Jim Martin either. I'm deLIghted that there will be no more TV commercials and no more flyers in my mailbox. Honestly, I think they destroyed an entire forrest with all the cardboard they used to send out those flyers- flyers that went straight into the garbage. I must say this year's presidential election was very intriguing to me and I enjoyed studying up on the candidates and I really learned a lot. Yesterday I made a decision, though. When the Newsweek and Time magazines came to the office earlier in the week, I brought them to my office, as I have done for many months now. However, I decided that I'm done with the news for a while, and trying to follow politics so closely. I'll pick it back up after Christmas and try my best to remain an informed citizen (as we all should be). But right now I'm just too dang tired, and my to-do list is quite lengthy, so I'm going to give it a rest for a few weeks. Just thought you might like to know that. So for a while I'll just talk about my grandbabies and the holidays, and the terrible Christmas music that I am forced to hear while I'm at work. I know, you just can't wait to read all about it!!!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment