Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, December 22, 2008

Beauty- It Truly Is In the Eyes of the Beholder

Okay, so I didn't have to re-write my poem. I finally got the tree up on Saturday. Leyland was napping, and I was waiting for Whit and Dustin to bring Corey home from the hospital, so I decided to put up the tree real quick-like. Oh my, what a pitiful tree. Charlie Brown would be horrified! You'll probably find this difficult to believe, but I tend to be somewhat particular (or anal, as my dear friend Debbie Bennett just loves to call me) about my Christmas tree. I have collected ornaments for years, and though my trees have become progressively smaller over the years, I have managed to designate a specific location for each special ornament. Somehow, during the Great Furniture Purge/Rearrange Act of 2008, (aka preparing for Corey's birth) I have misplaced my box of special ornaments. I'm just sick over it. I know the box is somewhere- either within the bowels of my dad's basement, or hiding somewhere at 409. But still it has bewildered and agitated me that I cannot put my hands on my treasures. All that to say this: my poor tree is adorned this year with rejects that were discarded from the "special" box. That's okay in some respects, in that they will be safe from busy little hands, but I'm really distressed over their whereabouts. But I digress. When Leyland awoke from her nap, she had her "teee" in the living room, and she has been fascinated with it ever since. She takes my hand and says "come on, grandma", then sits down in front of the tree and pats the floor for me to join her. How cute is that! Well, the tree is far from the loveliest I've ever had, but to see it through Leyland's eyes, it is a wonder to be hold. I'm glad I decided to go ahead and put it up. (And DJ is so happy!) Hey- it really doesn't look half bad at night when you drive down my street- you can't tell that it's just a few twigs sparsely scattered on a bare trunk. That's okay. I'm seriously not going to stress about how ugly it is, because Leyland likes it, and that's the important thing. The Eye of the Beholder thing, you know. And perhaps sometime between now and next Thanksgiving, I'll come across my box of treasures.

Corey came home from the hospital yesterday, still sounding pretty juicy, but I suppose he's over the worst of it. Leyland is still a little drippy and juicy herself, but maybe we're on the mend. My throat is starting to hurt and I'm losing my voice. Now what's really gonna irk me is if I lose my sense of taste (like Whit) and can't enjoy all the delectable goodies that will be available this coming week!

Only two more full days at the office to go! So much to do, so little time. Honestly I can't believe that it has come already. And here it is tomorrow (Monday) already, and I'm still awake. Guess I'd better get some sleep. Gettin' up time will be here in just a few hours. I hope you all have a happy Monday, and enjoy the Christmas week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment