Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for coming! One day I hope my little piece of internet real estate will be home to lots of family photos, pictures of my scrapbook and card art, with some random thoughts and memories posted on a somewhat regular basis. Mostly my world is very predictable, but occasionally some excitement will find me, so visit often. Who knows what useful (or useless) information you may find here.

cathyb

Monday, December 8, 2008

On a Positive Note (Pun Intended)

Now that you have read my list of B98.5’s Worst Christmas Songs Ever, and tolerated my complaining about the awful torture I endure daily at the office, I thought you might enjoy knowing that there is a side to me that doesn’t involve whining and complaining. There are actually some Radio Christmas Songs that I do enjoy hearing- songs that fill my heart with Christmas cheer. Most of them get very little air time on good ol’ B98.5, but occasionally I’ll hear one from my list. In no particular order, these are the Christmas songs that make me happy!!!
~Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin & The Chipmunks
~Rockin Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee or Amy Grant
~Little Drummer Boy – Vienna Boys Choir or Harry Simeone
~Sleigh Ride – Boston Pops
~White Christmas – Bing Crosby
~Oh Holy Night – Martina McBride or Celeine Dion
~Blue Christmas – Elvis
~Silent Night – Jewel
~Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
~Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song) – Amy Grant
~Born in Bethlehem – Third Day
~Please Come Home For Christmas – The Eagles or Bon Jovi
~Star of Bethlehem – Emmylou Harris
~Carol of the Bells – Ray Connif Singers or The Four Seasons
~Hallelujah Chorus (Great for Christmas or Easter) – Handel
~The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
~That Night – Truth
~Mary Did You Know? – Wynonna
~Wonderful Name – Unknown
~The First Noel - Mark Schultz
~Joseph's Lullaby - Mercy Me

AND as an added bonus, I'll provide you with my list of all-time favorite Christmas CDs/Albums! I know you are so excited!

~The Four Seasons Christmas Album (Literally. It is an album. From the 60s.)
~Amy Grant - Home For Christmas
~Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories
~Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic
~Manheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire Christmas
~Kenny G - Miracles
~Martina McBride - White Christmas

There you have it. The Christmas songs that make me happy. Fa-la-la-la-laaaa, la-la-la-la!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment